Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hollywood politics

I saw in today's paper that Sean Penn thinks journalists who write that Hugo Chavez is a dictator should be jailed.  Does anybody know what country he holds citizenship?  Does Penn believe that the liberal media lies about the things that Chavez says and does?  Is Chavez producing one of his movies and he's just kissing ass?  Intellectually, I didn't think Penn was that ignorant.  I intend to add him to the list of idiot actors I will no longer patronize.  George Clooney, Charlie Sheen and the Dixie Chicks are already on the list.  I'm afraid I just can't listen or watch someone who doesn't believe in America.

The two major films up for the Academy Award were Avatar and the Hurt Locker.  I was fortunate to see both of these films.  Both of these films were described by some people as being political.  Avatar I could see as it mirrored what our government did to native americans.  With the Hurt Locker, I failed to see the politics.  All I saw were brave American soldiers doing a job unlike any other in a hostile environment with the courage and determination thats reflected in most of our troops.

I used to be quite a movie buff.  Hollywood has just become way too opinionated for my tastes.  I still the love the old movies, where rarely did you see blood and the sex was always implied, but not shown.  Sean Penn has every right to say the things he says, but I have every right to boycott his movies. 

My dream has been to one day receive an Academy Award for one of my stories and undoubtedly I would be thrilled to meet some these Hollywood stars, but I pledge to you right now I will carry my beliefs in God and Country and will never knowingly compromise myself to one of these fools.

God Bless America and the men and women who protect her. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen, brother. (Just came home from church, can you tell?) I echo your sentiments though. Why on earth anyone would think a movie star has a correct opinion is beyond me--they don't live in the real world.

    Great blog post.

    ReplyDelete